Why redirect your mail?
It's important you make sure you continue to receive your mail when you move home:-You won't miss important documents-You'll help prevent personal details falling into the wrong hands and becoming a victim of fraud.
You can redirect your mail to any UK or overseas address for 3, 6 or 12 months from just £ 33.99.
To set up a redirection you will need:
- Names and dates of birth of everyone in the household that needs their mail redirected
- Address and post code of both your old and new addresses
How it works
Royal Mail can redirect mail from most UK addresses to any UK or international address, even PO Box addresses
Redirections to European Union destinations (excluding the UK) are subject to VAT.
- Complete a Redirection form – these are available at a Post Office branch, or you can view one in the 'Handy info' panel, on this page.
- Take your completed Redirection form to your nearest branch, along with the proof of name and address documents requested on the form.
- We pass your Redirection to Royal Mail.
- Once they've received your application, Royal Mail will have your service up and running within five working days.
Other Redirection forms
The 'Handy info' panel also contains forms for Special Circumstances, for example where you have power of attorney or someone has died. Forms for Business Redirection are also available there. Here at Royal Mail
How much does it cost?
You can redirect your mail for, 3, 6 or 12 months. The price is based on the number of individuals listed in the application.
|UK destinations||EU destination *||Rest of the world destination **|
|Duration of service||Lead applicant fee||Extra person fee||Lead applicant fee||Extra person fee|
|3 months||£ 33.99||£ 8||£ 144.99||£ 27.60||£ 120.99||£ 23|
|6 months||£ 46.99||£ 9||£ 204.99||£ 30||£ 169.99||£ 25|
|12 months||£ 66.99||£ 10||£ 292.99||£ 32.40||£ 243.99||£ 27|
Under 16s are free * Prices incl 'VAT at Standard Rate, ** Prices include Zero rated VAT
The total fee to pay is made up of the lead applicant fee plus the fee for each extra person listed in the application.